FIX Your Lungs
What is a Peak Flow Meter?
Patients using a peak flow meter to monitor respiratory conditions such as asthma should be under the care of a physician.
Why you should use peak flow meter?
Readings from a peak flow meter can help you or your child recognize early changes that may be signs of worsening asthma. During an asthma attack, the smooth muscles that surround the airways tighten and cause the airways to narrow. The peak flow meter alerts you to the tightening of the airways often hours or even days before you have any asthma symptoms.
By using your PEF with your asthma action plan, you will know when to take your rescue (quick acting) asthma inhaler or other asthma medicine. By following the steps in your asthma action plan, you may be able to stop the narrowing of the airways quickly and avoid a severe asthma emergency.
The peak flow meter can also be used to help you:
- Learn what triggers your asthma
- Decide if your asthma action plan is working
- Decide when to add or adjust asthma medications
- Know when to seek emergency care
Advanced models have better long-term capability with chargeable battery and memory. Find your history record with arrow buttons. When connected, it will sync all your data automatically to your cellphone, make peak flow test easy for everyone.
UNIQUELY designed with
Form your Asthma diary
You can find “Sonmol PEF” APP from your cell phone’s store about our free Asthma management APP, Sonmol PEF for your Asthma monitoring.
Our APP provides automatic sync with device and form your Asthma diary within seconds. Also you can record your medication, triggers and symptoms for your further use.
RECORD, REPEAT, IMPROVE
We recommend to use breathing exerciser for better performance.
Breathing training through different size of holes helps strengthen the cardiovascular muscles and improves your stamina.
Reduce the state of respiratory muscle weakness and improve ventilation efficiency. Improve lung function and blood oxygen. With built-in manometer, you are able to check your readings fast and easy.
1. Preparation: Press the Power button on. Stand or sit well and straight. Hold the peak flow meter. Take a deep breathing, filling your lungs with air completely.
2. Measurement: Put the mouthpiece into your mouth, form a tight seal with your lips. Make sure the tube is not covered by your tongue or teeth. Blow out as hard & fast as possible through the mouthpiece. In a few seconds, you will get the measurement result from the screen.
3. Asthma Diary: Record and write down the highest number among three of your tests on the dairy chart.
Frequently asked questions:
We recommend to use it 2-3 times a day to form your Asthma diary. Consider consult a physician before your training course due to your current condition.
Please clean with mild soap and water or sterilized with alcohol. Dry after cleaning.
Yes for sure. Panic attack and anxiety often comes with chest tight or breathing issue. Improve your lung capacity will decrease stress and anxiety symptoms.
Yes! For the United States it typically takes 2-5 days (and a little longer for Canada).
For the Rest of World it can take 10-15 days depending on location.
Your will get your tracking number both on our website and your paypal account within 2 business days.